This guide aims to help organizations to:
- understand what the EUTR is;
- understand if they are affected by the Regulation and, if so, how they are affected (i.e. are they operators and/or traders);
- develop and implement a due diligence system to minimize the risk of illegal timber in the supply chain;
- communicate performance of due diligence to interested parties, including regulatory authorities; and
- share good practices, tools and frameworks to enable organizations to go beyond compliance in the responsible sourcing of timber and timber products.
This guide is intended for organizations operating in the UK but could be used by organizations operating in other EU member states.