- Listed: Appendix II
- Endangered Status
- Associated Risks
All species of Guaiacum are listed on Appendix II of the Convention on International Trade of Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), a listing that applies to all parts and derivatives except seeds and pollen; and finished products packaged and ready for retail trade.
Countries Where Found
- “Guaiacum officinale” at the IUCN Red List of Endangered Species
- “Guaiacum sanctum” at the IUCN Red List of Endangered Species
- “Guaiacum coulteri” at the IUCN Red List of Endangered Species
- Francis, John K. 1993. Guaiacum officinale L. Lignumvitae. Guayacan. Zygophyllacea. Caltrop family. USDA Forest Service, International Institute of Tropical Forestry; 4 p. (SO-ITF-SM; 67).
- Photo of Guaiacum officinale tree from Eli Sagor, University of Minnesota, Bugwood.org. Used under a Creative Commons (CC BY-NC-ND-2.0) license.