The Western Region Development Network of NGOs (WERENGO) is a peak organisation for non-government organisations (NGOs) in the Western Region of Ghana. WERENGO aims to facilitate a strong network of NGOs to represent a common front and to help develop capacity and improve credibility. WERENGO also aims to improve the channels of communication and collaboration between NGOs, government and donors.
WERENGO’s objectives, as set out in its constitution, are to:
- build the capacity of members on sustainable organisational management;
- increase knowledge and practical experiences of members on sustainable development issues;
- Create a platform for gathering, collating and sharing experiences and information on members and related activities;
- strengthen advocacy capacity of NGOs in the region;
- facilitate and build the momentum of inter and intra organisational collaborative linkages;
- Influence national policy on development in the region with the view of reducing poverty.