- Not Listed
- Endangered Status
- Not Evaluated
- Associated Risks
Quercus rubra is not listed on any appendix of the Convention on International Trade of Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES). The species is abundant and is considered “lower risk/least concern” by the IUCN.
Countries Where Found
- Gilman, Edward F., and Dennis G. Watson. Quercus rubra: Northern red oak. U.S. Forest Service/Southern Group of State Foresters.
- Sander, Ivan. “Quercus rubra.” USDA Forest Service: Silvics of North America, Volume 2
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service PLANTS profile: “Quercus rubra L.”
- American Hardwood Export Council. American red oak (Quercus spp.)
- Photo of Quercus rubra tree from Dinesh Valke (dinesh_valke) at Flickr. Used under a Creative Commons (CC BY-NC-3.0) license.