- Not Listed
- Endangered Status
- Not Evaluated
- Associated Risks
J. nigra is not a CITES species and is not evaluated by the IUCN. Because of the high value of this species, cases of tree and timber poaching and theft have been reported
- Major Buyers & Markets
Black walnut is popular in the EU and in China.
Countries Where Found
- “Juglans nigra L.,” USDA Forest Service Silvics of North America: Volume 2: Hardwoods.
- Photo of Juglans nigra timber from the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, International Trade Office.
- Juglans nigra factsheet at the Virginia Tech Department of Forest Resources and Environmental Conservation.
- “Juglans nigra L.”, USDA Forest Service Fire Effects Information System.
- Photo of Juglans nigra from Vern Wilkins, Self employed, Bugwood.org. Used under a Creative Commons (CC BY-NC 3.0) license.