Pucallpa, Peru @ Expo Amazonica
With the objective of disseminating information and promoting dialogue and collaboration for a diverse group of actors and institutions throughout the Peruvian forestry sector, the Regional Government of Ucayali, SERFOR, CITE Forestal Pucallpa, Consortium of Wood Exporters from Ucayali (CEMU) organized a forum entitled "Generating Forest Value in the Peruvian Amazon" with the support of the World Resources Institute (WRI), GIZ, and the Peruvian NGO Rights Environment and Natural Resources (DAR), during the 2018 Expo Amazónica in the city of Pucallpa Peru.
Expo Amazónica is a trade fair dedicated to the promotion of products from the Peruvian Amazon. Our forest forum attracted a large audience from the public and private sectors and representatives from the civil society. In total, there were three panels with four presenters in the first panel and three in the second and third panels. The thematic areas of the panels were "The forest potential of the Peruvian Amazon: experiences, challenges and opportunities"; "Focus on Traceability" and "Legality and Markets".
The governor of Ucayali, Manuel Gambini was present to open the forum and participated as a panelist in the first panel, he spoke to the advances made by the forest sector in the region. To close the forum, the Vice Minister of Foreign Trade, Edgar Vásquez Vela, shared his perspectives and commitment to help the sector grow with an emphasis on legality, conservation, and profitability of the sector.
This event was made possible by the generous support of NICFI.
- Event Summary
- Resumen del Evento
- Gestión Y Promoción Del Bosque En El Marco De La Normativa Forestal Del Perú - Carlos Trujillo, SERFOR
- Importancia de la trazabilidad para demostrar el origen legal de un producto forestal - William Pariona, GIZ
- Trazabilidad en el sector forestal - Jhoana Canales Ponce
- La sosteniblidad y competividad del sector forestal en el Peru dependen de las concesiones forestales - Cesar Sabogal
- Cómo aumentar las ventas de madera a los EE. UU. ofreciendo un producto que cumpla con la Ley Lacey - Marc Barany